When Eric Edelmann founded the automotive products company that bears his name in Chicago in 1909, his product line consisted of a battery tester and push-pull control cables. Some years later he began manufacturing anti-freeze testers, automotive brass fittings and general products.
In 1959, E. Edelmann & Co. began distributing a line of power steering hose, and in 1960 took over production of the hose. The company initially manufactured power steering hose for 25 vehicles.
The 1970’s brought the addition of the Plews division and their lube equipment and air line products to the Edelmann family. Plews Manufacturing and Sales Corporation was originally founded by R.G. Plews in 1927. At that time, the railroad industry was the primary focus for the company’s extensive line of oil cans. As the transportation industry went from trains to passenger cars and trucks, Plews shifted their focus to developing the tools necessary to service this new mode of transportation. During the 1960’s and 1970’s, other products in the lubrication field were added including funnels, measures, grease guns and other service-related items. E. Edelmann & Co. officially changed their name to Plews/Edelmann in 1995.
In November of 1996, LubriMatic was acquired by Plews/Edelmann, complementing the already fine line of Plews lubrication equipment. Originally founded by Edwin Phillip Sundholm in 1924 as Superior Manufacturing, they quickly became well known for selling grease guns for $10 each while their competition sold them at a much higher price. Superior Manufacturing was acquired by another organization in 1993 and changed their name to LubriMatic.
Today, Plews & Edelmann is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of a broad range of automotive parts and tools sold to the vast majority of mass merchant and retail auto parts stores and wholesale automotive parts and industrial distribution outlets, worldwide.
Visiter le site Web